JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 POSITION)
||36 HOURS PER WEEK
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Treasury Director. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress he/she career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in establishing this Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS).
- Purpose of the Position
- This position is the head of the Treasury Department and is a managerial position responsible for all financial management processes of the Jubbaland State of Somalia(JSS) including revenue recording, budget release and commitment control, payment processing, cash management services, management of the financial management information systems (FMIS), preparing Government statutory statements for audit, and providing periodic financial
management reports in relation to accounting for the actual budget and the necessary financial reporting to the JSS and citizens at large.
Duties include working with other members of the senior Management of the Ministry of Finance to monitor and evaluate financial policies and strategies that impact (JSS).The Treasurer will also provide written regulations, Expenditure procedures and guidelines on the processes to be followed by Ministries when Seeking payments based on the approved budget and on other financial matters as set out in the Public Financial Management Decree
- Responsibilities and Duties
The Treasurer will:
- Oversee performance and service delivery standards in the Treasury Department. This includes:
- Ensuring that the public financial legislation financial management procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of duties and in delivering services.
- Managing staff and performance to ensure that staffs are fully utilized to obtain optimal productivity;
- Work with the senior management of the JSS Ministry of Finance to monitor and evaluate financial policies and strategies that impact on the delivery of the Jubbaland State of Somalia (“DA”) services.
- As Head of the Treasury, be responsible for the custody, control and disposition of all government finances through putting in place effective financial systems, financial regulations and financial administration.
Oversee the provision of financial management processes for the JSS.
- Leading the Treasury team in monitoring of public financial management recordkeeping and reporting by Ministries and Departments in accordance with the public financial management legislation and the related policies and guidelines;
- Monitoring the financial performance of Ministries and Departments with respect to ensuring that supplier payments are processed and managed in an efficient and cost effective manner;
- Devising mechanisms to manage and monitor cash flows to ensure sufficient funds are available out of every appropriation to discharge any commitments payable during the financial year in which the commitment is made. Developing standard operating procedures with respect to cash management to ensure JSS’s cash position is closely monitored and reported on;
- Overseeing the accurate recording of receipts, payments and income and ensuring regular reconciliation of the bank account and reporting any defect hi control of revenue, expenditure or property;
- Ensuring proper control and access is maintained over the JSS’s Financial Management Information System (FMIS);
- Preparing Government’s financial accounts for auditing purposes;
- Controlling the issues out of the JSS Consolidated Fund and ensure that no payment is made which has not been authorized in accordance with the Interim Jubbaland Administration’s (JSS) legislation and policies and no payment is made except for the purpose appropriated;
- Developing standard operating procedures with respect to the control of expenditure to ensure JSS’s creditors are paid in a timely manner
- Set accounting standards for Government and supervises their implementation.
- Prepare financial statements and financial management reports. Record and report to the [Cabinet of Ministers] on expenditures and revenues of the Jubbaland State of Somalia Consolidated Budget
- Provides impartial, accurate and timely advice to the Minister of Finance on financial policy matters.
- Supervise Treasury Department staff by:
- Assigning work schedules and preparing job descriptions;
- Monitoring progress;
- Mentoring staff and promoting their professional development;
- Appraising performance;
- Identifying and recommending training for staff; and
- Initiating disciplinary action
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
- Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in financial management and accounting-desirable
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent)
- 5 years with similar work experience
- An undergraduate degree in accountancy (BSc/BCom/BBA). – Essential
- Sound public financial management skills- essential
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting standards – essential
- Sound leadership and organizational development skills. – Essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.- essential
- The public financial management procedures and practices.
- Public service policy and formulation.
- Current public sector reforms and best practices in countries similar to Somalia
- Must have excellence interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to make prudent financial and budgetary decisions as well as be proficient in
- Managing financial data.
- Must be knowledgeable in accounting practices and procedures
- Inclusive of cash management techniques.
- Must possess good leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to motivate and mentor Treasury Department staff
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet
- Must be able to develop strategic and corporate plans for the Treasury Department.
- Must have experience of managing cash resources and dealing with debt providers.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.comAnd CC to this Efirstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards