JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1POSITION)
|JOB TITLE :
|Ministry /Employing Authority
||MINISTRY OF TELECOMMUNICATION, POSTS & TECHNOLOGY
||36 Hours Per Week
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Telecommunication officer. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress the career with the Civil Service and assist in developing Posts and telecommunication policies and guidelines to the Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS).
- Purpose of the Position
The incumbent is responsible of implementing an effective communication strategy based on the ministry goals and establishes effective relationship with journalist and maintain a media data base.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and provide efficient telecommunication strategy through digital communication products and channels including infographics, email marketing and marketing campaigns.
- Provide technical advice and support to the telecommunication team and other staff in planning and relevant information and communication products.
- Support the communication firms in applying relevant communication strategies and policies to reach out the target of the mass media coverage.
- Exercise supervision over the performance of Posts and telecommunication companies and cooperatives.
- Ensure maintenance of effective service delivery by telecommunication cooperatives and companies.
- Registering of new cooperatives and companies interested in delivering telecommunication services assessing the capacity, qualification and relevant conditions for giving out government license.
- Keeping records of the license and permit issued for the telecommunication cooperatives and companies.
- Ensure privately owned companies and cooperatives comply with the government policies of telecommunication.
- Submit monthly report on the progress and implementations of the Posts and telecommunication cooperatives to ministry.
- Ensure and monitor the locations of new construction of telecommunication posts to avoid human and environmental destruction.
- Provide training on media outlets on the posts and telecommunication policies
- Carry out any other relevant responsibilities assigned by management.
- Qualifications and experiences
- Diploma in Communication, Journalism or any related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Must be a computer literacy
- Good time management.
- Must be able to assist senior management on human resource matters
- Abilities to motivate and mentor Ministry staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge in hardware and software management and applications.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com And CC to this E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards