Jubbaland state of Somalia 5
civil service commission
vacancy announcement (3 position)
|Job title :
|| Secretariat officers
|Ministry /employing authority:
||Archive & secretariat
||Archive & Secretariat Director
||36 hours per week
||Kismayo , Jubbaland
- purpose of the position
The incumbent of this position will support, identify, receive, organize, describe, preserve and access records and collections which are of archival significance and importance to Jubbaland State presidency. He/she supports core workers who assist in arranging, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining collections of valuable materials.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Assist and maintain accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electric information storage technology.
- Locate new materials and improve their acquisition and display.
- Supports archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Keep records, documents, and objects, copying records to film, videotape, audiotape, disk, or computer formats as necessary.
- Select and edit documents for publication and display, applying knowledge of subject, literary expression, and presentation techniques.
- Support educational and public outreach programs, such as tours, workshops, lectures, and classes.
- Assist the establishment of policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials.
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing archival materials.
- Specialize in an area of history or technology, researching topics or items relevant to collections to determine what should be retained or acquired.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as per the directives of state president management
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in archives and record management, business computer
- Knowledge of Local Studies collections as a community, cultural, research and information resource.
- Experience with Local Government archives.
- Experience using Authority
- Previous experience using Domino Docs EDM
- 2years work related experience
- Strategic information and records management skills
- Computer literacy(ICT)
- Professional development skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Abilities to motivate and mentor state president staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to this E-mail email@example.com by not later than 24th December 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: