JUBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
vacancy ANNOUNCEMENT (position 1)
|RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS OFFICER
|JUSTICE & RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS
|36 HOURS PER WEEK
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equal opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Religious affairs officer. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress his/her career with the Civil Service and assist in ImplementingReligious affairs policies and guidelines of the Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia JSS).
- Purpose of the position
The incumbent will work closely under the departmentof Religious Affairs of the ministry to overseeing justice system, sharia Acts laws and policies and works with courts in the overall setting of legal systems and their implementations of justice in regards to sharia law context.
- Duties &Responsibilities
- Develop and implement every measure that would upgrade the activities of religious affairs and endowments.
- Ensure the enhancement of Mosque role as a centre of religious, educational, cultural,and social Practises.
- Develop functions and activities of Mosques, madrasas and religious rehabilitation centres.
- Steering control and ensuring the protection of Waqf Donations) properties and investments.
- Call for a revival of Zakat, organization and distribution expenses in the framework of the provisions of the Islamic law and in accordance with the legislation and regulation applicable.
- Contribute to upgrade the Islamic heritage and restorations, as well as maintaining it and to highlight the fields and figures.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure religious and educational activities in mosques and Qoranic education institutions and centres has continuous training of the sector measures.
- Ensure Business institutions operatein linewith Islamic sharia.
- Monitor the implementation of programs prepared by the Mosque Foundations.
- Follow-up work of the approved religious associations at the state level in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- Give explicit consent for the proposed projects for the construction of mosques.
- Conclude Waqf property leases and investment to the extent that granting the legislation and regulation in place with them.
- Approvals of the minutes of committees Qoran memorizationand delivery of certificates to participants.
- Make campaigns against evil acts in the community and deliver speeches to clarify islamic virtues.
- Act in the absence of the religious affairs director.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Islamic studies Sharia law, international law or related field.
- 3 years’ work experience from the same field.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language is an asset.
- Memorized the Holly Qora’an and Hadith
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Islamic sharia laws
- Communication skills;
- Education and religion training
- Personal management
- Act with honesty, integrity and personal ethics
- Recognize personal efforts and the efforts of others
- Acknowledge diverse opinions and accept differences
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Good decision making skill and honest in doing work
- Experience dealing with receiving, obtaining and recording personal information from the general public.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com And CC to this E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards