JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
vacancy announcement (5 positions)
|Job title :
|Ministry /employing authority:
||36 hours per week
||Kismayo , Jubbaland
- Purpose of the position
The Protocol officer willassist protocol director in organizing and planning official visits within their jurisdiction in the state president, such as visits of foreign delegations, the diplomats and other dignitaries. Offer hospitality and ceremonial events as well as by providing advisory or consulting services related to protocol matters. Also ensure that before an event takes place, Mister/Madam all the interested parties and the president have a biographical sketch of the guests
- Duties and responsibilities
- Give escort officers information on the specific protocol requirements concerning the guests
- Determine the dress code for that occasion and the type of gifts to be offered depending on the type of event.
- Assist the protocol director to organizeceremonies for treaty signings, conducting swearing-in of cabinet ministers and state arrival ceremonies and maintaining of presidential palace.
- Support Plans to execute detailed programs for foreign leaders visiting the President and accompany them during their official travel in the Regional states, including their visit with the President at the Presidential Palace.
- Support arrangements for and accompany delegations named by the President to represent him at inaugurals, funerals, Independence Day celebrations, and similar ceremonies.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as per the directives of the director.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in political science .or public relation.
- 3 years related work experience in related field.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Strategic information and records management skills
- Computer literacy(ICT)
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Abilities to motivate and mentor state president staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to this E-mail email@example.com by not later than 24th December 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: