JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 POSITION)
|JOB TITLE :
||MENTAL HEALTH CARE DIRECTOR
|ministry /employing authority
||PRIMARY HEALTH CARE DIRECTOR
||36 hours per week
- Position Summary:
Reporting to the Jubbaland Ministry of Health’s Director General, The Director of Mental Health Services is responsible for overseeing all the operational and program activities of Jubbaland Ministry of Health’s Mental Health
Services Department. The Director will serve as a member of the Ministry of
Health’s senior management team with Statewide management responsibilities.
- Duties &Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day clinical and fiscal operations of Mental Health Services, including the timely submissions of required reports
- Supervise clinical and administrative staff, including consulting with clinical staff on cases when appropriate.
- Work in conjunction with the other Department Directors to oversee MOH operations and provide cross coverage as needed
- Ensure compliance with all State regulations, including the Jubbaland Health Professionals Act
- Oversee Department involvement in City and Regional Health initiatives
- Perform managerial audits to ensure quality assurance
- Recruit and hire clinical and administrative staff.
- Define, measure, and evaluate program performance data.
- Create continuous improvement based on performance data.
- Train, supervise and motivate others to engage in appropriate performance management
- Evaluate staff performance and identify areas of training needed.
-Collaborate with internal departments and external partners, including donors and NGOs, to facilitate training.
- Facilitate clinical case conferences.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Clinical Policies and Procedures manual
- Arrange for in-service training to clinical staff
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director General, Deputy Minister or Minister
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Nursing
- Minimum of four years plus years of management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with mental health services
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with donors and NGOs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent management abilities
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Innovative and analytic problem-solving abilities
- A dedicated work ethic
- Excellent computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Somali) both written and spoke
- Program development and management experience in a Humanitarian and/or emergency situation required.
- Ability to train staff on state of the art approaches to primary health care response in emergencies (basic health services, nutrition and hygiene promotion)
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects develop timetables for agreed activities and oversee staff activities;
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high
Workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively;
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources;
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to [email protected]
And CC to this E-mail [email protected] by not later than 15th Feb 2020. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: