JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 Position)
|JOB TITLE :
|MINISTRY /EMPLOYING AUTHORITY
||ENVIRONMENT & TOURISM
||ADMIN & HR
||ADMIN, FINANCE AND HR DIRECTOR
||36 HOURS PER WEEK
- Purpose of the Position
- The incumbent will provides IT support services to the entire Ministry of Environment & Tourism offices. The IT officer will work in close collaboration with the all departments in the Ministry of Environment & Tourism in resolving complex IT-related issues.
- Duties & responsibilities
- Support the Implementation of IT management systems and strategies to the Ministry of Environment & Tourism.
- Provide Effective IT functioning of the Ministry of Environment & Tourism hardware and software packages.
- Support to networks administrations and help the staff IT services to ensure effective service delivery.
- Provision of administrative support.
- Develop Database Management system that has data storage facilities.
- Provide specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Assistance in the installation of software and related upgrades.
- Assistoperating system and anti-virus program updates, patches, and configuration change on timely bases.
- Support Ministry of Environment & Tourism staff in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Develop IT filing system to ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Respond to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Installingand upgrading the database server and application tools.
- Installation,configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of databases in the Ministry of Environment & Tourism.
- Support development and implementation of new databases.
- Planning forbackup and recovery of database information.
- Support other staff the developments of their ideas.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as per the request of the management.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experiences
- Diploma in computer science/Information systems or related field with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application
- 2 years of proven experience in IT field of networking administration
- Demonstrating/safeguarding IT ethics and integrity
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Organizational and time management skills
- Honest and fair in applying rules.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com And CC to this E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 02nd 03 2023. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites:
- Notice board