JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 POSITION)
|JOB TITLE :
|Ministry /employing authority
|MINISTRY OF FINANCE
|36 hours per week
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubbaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of ICT Director. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress his/her career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in establishing this Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS).
- Purpose of the position
The main role of the ICT Director is to manage and direct the effective provision of technology and information systems to the Jubbaland Ministry of Finance. The ICT Manager is the critical link between users at all levels, particularly various departments in the MoF and the systems technology that they utilize and rely on to undertake their work. The role requires the Director to adopt a proactive approach to the development of information systems by promoting the use of best practice amongst the user community.
The Director is supported by two officers who will provide first line help desk support and ensure that the network infrastructure is operational 24/7 and that work stations and server systems are serviced and maintained as required. The ICT Director will be responsible for ensuring that the service is delivered to agreed standards.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The key functions of the ICT Director will be measured will include:
- Promoting best practice in the development of information systems;
- Working with all departments in the Ministry to ensure the use of consistent, high standards in the management of information;
- Providing database analysis on human resource management, revenue collections, expenditures; Supporting the Minister in the establishment, development and communication of the ministry ICT and IS strategies;
- Maintaining and developing a modern, cost effective, stable and secure ICT infrastructure available 24 hours every working day;
- Setting up and monitoring contracts with external suppliers for the provision of technical support as required;
- In conjunction with relevant departments, setting, agreeing and monitoring ICT budgets; Administer the operations of Bisan systems in the Minister;
- Working with members of the ICT team to develop their skills and knowledge and to ensure that they are integrated into Bisan system;
- Undertaking the role of Data Controller for all statutory purposes;
- Providing a minimum level of induction training to new starters;
- Providing support to all ICT users, listening to concerns and identifying issues, finding and implementing solutions;
- Developing, in liaison with HR, a formalized training programme for all users with the aim of raising skills, standards and awareness in the use of ICT applications (Microsoft word, excel and outlook) and promoting consistency across the Ministry;
- Proposes plans and strategies that focus on ICT’s long term objectives, taking an enterprise-wide focus.
- Serves as an authoritative expert and key resource in the organization for other senior professionals and ICT leadership to provide technical guidance.
- Plays a leadership role in the development of future technical talent across all of ICT.
- Develops a plan, and reports periodic progress on future state architecture activities
- Analyses the current state architecture, including strengths, pain points, and opportunities to enable future state planning.
- Assist Jubaland Government institutions on ICT issues.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management.
- Qualification and Experience
- A degree in IT with a combination of relevant academic qualifications.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- CISCO Certifications are added values.
- Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
- Ability to collate and analyze often complex information.
- Ability to disseminate detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way
- Honest and fair in applying the rules
- Excellent numeracy skills, with the ability to interpret accounts and make calculations.
- Ability to work accurately, pay close attention to detail and notice inconsistencies.
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.orgAnd CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards