JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ( 1 POSITION )
|Job Title :
||Human resources officer
|Ministry /employing authority
||Ministry of Education & Higher learning
||Human resources Director
||36 hours per week
- Purpose of the position
- The incumbent will support human resources functions of the airport authority such as human resources planning, control and the implementation of HR service through employee cohesive relation, evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices under the supervision of HR director. Prepare effective administrative monthly payroll of the state president staff according to the JSS PFM policies. Support the preparations of Human Resources related issues of the state president.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture;
- Provide registry, managerial and courier services; and manage office records.
- .Support the Preparation of effective administrative monthly payroll of the state president staff according to the JSS PFM policies in consultations with HR director
- Facilitate general custodian services to include maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide support to the HR director when preparing reports in an accurate. and timely manner
- Support annual audit process, liaise with both the internal and external auditors, and assess any changes necessary.
- Under the directives of HR director Support annual budgeting process in conjunction with the other departments of the state president.
- Support implementation of work ethics related values and promote activities including prevention of corrupt practices.
- Support request made to the CSC on recruitments, placements, resignation confirmations, promotions and transfers of staff under the directives of the director general.
- Carry out human resources planning to determine supply and demand for professionals under the Ministry;
- Support implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System assess the appraisal results; prepare implementation reports; and make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations on individual OPRAS forms;
- Process and update records of various leaves of absence;
- Facilitate orientation/induction programs for new entrants in the service;
- Carry out training needs assessment for the state president and prepare training programs in liaison with the CSC;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in business administration, accounting or Human resource ( bachelor degree is desirable )
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Sound human resource management skills.- essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.- essential
- The position requires at least 3 years’ experience obtained by working in the area of human resource.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a computer literacy
- Must be able to assist senior management on human resource matters
- Must be knowledgeable in human resource and business practices and procedures.
- Ability to motivate and mentor state president staff.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Able to efficiently utilise human resources and management information systems to ensure maximum productivity.
- How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org And CC to this E-mail email@example.com by not later than 02nd 03 2023 Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: