JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 POSITION)
|JOB TITLE :
||HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
|Ministry /employing authority
||MINISTRY OF FINANCE
||INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
||36hours per week
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Head of Internal Audit. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress his/her career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in establishing this Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS).
- Purpose of the position
Head of Internal Audit is a senior managerial position, with a specific mandate for the quality and performance of internal audit.As the audit leader she/he will oversee the management of auditfunctions. The Head of Internal Audit will work closely with the Ministry of Finance senior management and the senior management of the other Ministries in regard of delivering an effective internal audit service that adds value.
The overall objective of the position is to provide an independent and objective assurance to the Director General on governance, risk and control within the Ministry of Finance, and to provide similar assurance to the DG’s of the other Ministries within Jubbaland state.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Director General with an independent and objective opinion on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the arrangements for governance, risk management and control;
- Develop and maintain an internal audit strategy designed to provide an evidence-based opinion.
- Attend meetings with auditors to develop an understanding of internal processes under the directive of the DG.
- Researching and assessing how well processes and controls are working and recording the results.
- providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels;
- Performing assessments on Ministry activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other controls in place to achieve goals.
- Establish and effectively deliver an Annual Internal Audit plan from the strategy
- Provide an Annual Report on the results of internal audit work to each DG.
- Ascertaining the effectiveness with which the MoF assets are accounted for and safeguarded.
- Comply with the Internal Audit Charter, Internal Audit Standards and follow the guidance in Public Sector Internal Audit Procedures.
- Establish a training and development plan to address respective developmental and capability needs of the internal audit function
- Share information, co-ordinate activities and work collaboratively with the Auditor General.
- Develop and maintain an internal audit strategy, designed to provide an evidence-based opinion;
- Closely collaborate with other departments within the ministry.
- Supervise the work of the staff of the audit Unit for staff development
- Identifying and recommending training for staff in the unit;
- Keep records of audit units.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the ministry management.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor in business administration pure finance or accounting options
- Qualified professional membership of an internal audit or accountancy body; CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPAis an added advantage.
- 5yearsrelated work experience
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong internal audit experience with personal impact,
- Ability to disseminate detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.orgAnd CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidatesare strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come withyour original academic and professional certificates during the interviewday.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards