JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1POSITION)
||FOOD SECURITY AND QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR
|| FOOD SECURITY AND QUALITY CONTROL
||36 HOURS PER WEEK
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Food Security and quality control Director. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress his/her career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in establishing this Ministry for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS).
- Purpose of the position
The incumbent will formulate and review of Policies, standard Strategies and plans on food security, post harvest handling, primary processing, food and nutrition within the jurisdiction of the ministry.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- provide technical support to Joint Assessment Missions (JAMs), nutrition surveys, food security assessments as well as implementation of the joint assessments (JAM) and nutrition survey recommendations
- Support the provision of improved seed/planting materials and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Establish a food and Nutrition Surveillance System in the Country
- Develop and guide implementation of programs for integration of the youth in crop production, primary processing and marketing.
- Collaborate with research and other organizations at National, regional and International level in crop development and production activities for better food security strategies
- Standardize quality norms for agricultural and related products by establishing the criteria for such norms and distributing the information to all interested parties i.e. these criteria may include the quality, packaging, marking and labeling as well as the chemical composition and microbiological contaminants of the product.
- Monitor and evaluate nutrition and food security programmes to international standards and indicators including data analysis, interpretation and monitoring of programme impact.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to Joint Assessment Missions (JAMs), nutrition surveys, food security assessments as well as implementation of the joint assessments (JAM) and nutrition survey recommendations.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain Yield report;
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research.
- Plan and conduct training programs in dietetics, nutrition, and institutional management and administration for medical students, health-care personnel and the general public where applicable.
- Make recommendations regarding public policy, such as nutrition labeling, food fortification, and nutrition standards for school programs.
- Write research reports on food security and other publications to document and communicate research findings to relent authorities.
- Plan and prepare proposals to request program funding.
- Test new food products and equipment.
- Conduct life skills trainings for the stakeholders on food and security in the region.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report as per the directives of the ministry management.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural or related sciences.
- 4 years work related experience
- Crop management skill is an essential
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and computer literate
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Abilities to use technologies for more efficient and sustainable soil and water management including irrigation and watershed management approaches
- Abilities to use agro forestry techniques to increase diversity productivity while managing the natural resource base
- Abilities Use to integrated pest management techniques for fruits, vegetables and field crops.
- Knowledge of reducing post-harvest losses and reducing nutrient loss through improved handling and storage.
- Abilities to motivate and mentor ministry staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.orgAnd CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards