JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (POSITION 1)
|Job Title :
|Monitoring & evaluation coordinator
|ministry /employing authority
|Ministry of Health
| director general
|40 hours per week
- Purpose of the position
To implement state monitoring and evaluation activities. Utilizes the Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation Approach to continually assess project progress and facilitate adaptive learning and data-driven decision making, participates in the development and implementation of M&E strategy and tools. She/he ensures quality and timeliness of monitoring and evaluation data in alignment with MEL plan, and liaises with external stakeholders to ensure effective engagement around M&E. Trains and supports staff in the M&E function. S/he will ensure that there is consistency in the objectives and success indicators of the program and will spearhead the development and timely delivery of relevant reports against outcomes.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Oversight of M&E Function:
- Oversees all aspects of in the state FHW program M&E function with input from Project M&E Technical team at federal level.
- Facilitates ongoing reflection meetings and learn from monitoring and evaluation data
- Presents data to internal and external stakeholders to share lessons learned
- Participate in quarterly meetings with state and country project team to assess and learn from regional trends
M&E strategy and tools design and implementation:
- Participate in MEL planning and design process
- Contribute to Community health of Practice with state and country project team
- Develop and test Open Data Kit tools
- Securely manage project database and records
Oversight of quality and timeliness:
- Prepare quarterly reports that meet donor requirements
- Perform regular data quality assessments
- Submit accurate data in organizational metrics portal
- Dis-aggregate community health data by demographic
Relationships with local stakeholders:
- Provide support to performance evaluation process in collaboration with WB Mission, FGS health Ministry leadership team, and the external evaluation team
- Work with state leadership team and external consultant to ensure effective evaluation
- Facilitate joint monitoring with MOH and/or WB Mission
- Solicit and incorporate feedback from stakeholders on project progress according to monitoring and evaluation data
- Prepare and present findings at learning summits and conferences
Support capacity building for project staff:
- Train and supervise enumerators and staff in data collection
- Train key staff in M&E plan, system, and data collection methodology
- Work with project staff to promote data visualization and data-driven decisions at the community level
- Collaborate with project manager/coordinator and staff to ensure data informs project management and decision-making.
- Qualification & Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, public health, or a related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E or statistics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Minimum of (3) years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of an international development project. Experience with WB projects or another publicly funded project preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans and tools.
- Knowledge and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools, including using Open Data Kit for mobile data collection
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to field staff on M&E.
- Experience liaising with external stakeholders
- Experience in working with international organizations and a good knowledge of NGOs and other local development agencies will be considered an asset
- Strong commitment to JSS Ministry of health Values
- Excellent written and oral Somalia and English skills required.
- Good team working skills
- Effective networking skills
- Experience and capacity in institutionalizing M&E systems and standards.
- Strong experience with data collection, management, analysis and report production.
- Considerable work experience and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels,
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including knowledge of common statistical software packages, health information technologies and software applications, relational database systems and web technologies.
- Spoken and strong writing skills to prepare reports, promotional materials and oral presentation
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills.
- Excellent training and M&E capacity building skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
And CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Nov2019. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interviewday.
- Formore information please visit the following websites: