JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (5 POSITIONS)
|J0b Title :
|Ministry /employing authority
||36 hours per week
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill five vacant positions of Director Generals to direct and coordinate the activities of the Ministries and set policies. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress their career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in establishing this important Ministries for the benefit of the people of Jubaland State of Somalia (JSS). The Director Generals will support the Ministries in developing policies to ensure the provision of quality, reliable, sustainable and affordable services for the people of JSS.
The Director General (s) is the Managerial and Administrative head of the Ministry and Controlling Manager. The Office of the Director General will be responsible in directing and coordinating the activities of the Ministry. She/he performs the policy setting role while the functional Heads of Department are responsible for executing the technical aspects of the Ministry’s functions.
Directors-General are required to build a culture that is based on professionalism, respect and integrity to ensure a free conducive working environment. They acknowledge the responsibilities of Ministers and support managers to make evidence-based decisions. They build a career structure for the civil service that is free from nepotism and patronage and that is, seen to be based on merit. Directors will create and maintain stakeholder’s confidence that their leadership fosters and promotes ethical decision making, and act truthfully, fairly and in the public interest.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The director general is the leader of the entire ministry departments, with portfolio oversight, and not limited to will carry the following responsibilities.
- Exercising supervision over the ministerial departments for which the minister/deputy minister is politically responsible.
- Establishing and implementing government policies, strategies and programs related to administration, good governance, and its implementation.
- Keeping the Minister and Deputy Minister informed of policy implementation and advising the Minister and Deputy Minister on all questions of policy which are within the scope of the Ministry’s responsibility.
- Managing the performance of Ministry staff, in accordance with the Civil Service Act and Regulations, and ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Ministry.
- Monitoring and executing the Ministry budget and that of the institutions under supervision of the Minister/Deputy Minister.
- Deliver high quality, innovative, value for money policies and services.
- Create strong partnerships and good collaboration across all sectors to optimize departmental performance.
- Develop a workforce and leadership practices that build a constructive culture with a focus on performance, capability building and personal accountability and nurturing of leadership potential.
- Maximize competitive advantage of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Exercise sound judgement and risk management practices in decision making.
- Ensure the decisions of these policies are transmitted to proper institution for execution.
- Carry out any other tasks or assignments within this technical area as requested by the top management.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Public administration, Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, Project Management or relevant academic field.
- Having Master Degree is desirable
- Have at least five (5) years relevant professional experience, two (2) years of which should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of managing and motivating a diverse team.
- Demonstrable experience of effective internal and external communication skills and political sensitivity
- A full understanding of the systems and processes of JSS.
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of performance.
- Sound knowledge international standards of management practice.
- Possesses high level political, analytical, policy and management skills.
- The ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to the Ministry.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively work with and support the members of a team and work collectively in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
- High standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali language.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org And CC to this E-mail email@example.com by not later than 07th June 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: