JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1 POSITION)
|JOB TITLE :
|MINISTRY /EMPLOYING AUTHORITY
||MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT & CIVIL AVIATION
||ADMIN. FINANCE & HR
||ADMIN. FINANCE & HR DIRECTOR
||36 HOURS PER WEEK
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill vacant position of Clerk. This is great opportunity for the right persons to progress his/her career with the Civil Service and provide clerical services to the Ministries.
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the secretariat in civil service commission. The civil service commission has been established to oversee the proper function of the civil service of the jubbaland state of Somalia. The correspondence and records clerk will assist the department of recruitment coordination in carrying out responsibilities in relation to the recruitment of civil servants and coordinating the promotion or transfer of civil servants of the jubbaland state of Somalia according to provision of theIJA civil service law and relevant regulation and instruction issued by civil service commission.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing day-to-day functioning of the office.
- Responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative duties.
- Prepare agenda, attend staff meeting, take follow up notes and disseminate to the relevant staff.
- Receive incoming and out doing electronic communications, and maintain proper office files for keeping records.
- Maintain a smooth follow of work in a concordance with changing priorities
- Act as primary point of contact for clients and ensure that a high level of service is provided.
- Provide accurate information on services offered by the ministry to clients and the entire Jubbaland state of Somalia if requested so.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Facilitate booking and scheduling of appointments by guests and staff
- Ensure the reception area is clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure office protocol is observed and act as a role model to others
- Prepare office reports if requested by the management.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the managements
- Qualification & Experience
- Secondary certificate or diploma in human resource
- Training and experience in human resource management.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.
- 2 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of local community and able to communicate in local language.
- Ability to collect and analyse information.
- Ability to disseminate information in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Tactic and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way.
- Honest and fair in applying rules.
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both oral and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organise work, include special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.orgAnd CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards