JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
vacancy announcement (2 positions)
||Director of communication
||36 hours per week
- Purpose of the Position
The incumbent will provide video production and prepare photographic programs to have state developments programs under documentary for future use.
2.Duties and responsibilities
- Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables and leads and headphones;
- offering advice on how best to shoot a scene and explaining the visual impact created by particular shots;
- Plan shots for filming an expensive drama scene, such as an explosion, there may be only one chance to get things right, so shots need to be meticulously planned beforehand
- Follow camera scripts and take cues from the lime manager.
- Solve practical or technical problems that pop up.
- Work closely with other technical departments such us lighting and sound.
- practice the camera moves required for pre-arranged shots;
- studying scripts;
- Have innovation skills for development
- working quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as requested y the management.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management
- Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in journalism, video production related field
- Ability and experience are more important than a degree in this field.
- Camera operators must have a thorough knowledge of photography, cameras, lenses, and lighting.
- Training in film and television production is available through vocational school or college courses or through an apprenticeship
- Training and experience in journalism, media production, media studies, performing arts, photography or film and television.
- 2 years of experience in related field.
- Ability to frame and compose shots.
- Good practical skills and knowledge of camera equipments
- Ability to perform camera moves accurately.
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Strategic information and records management skills
- Computer literacy(ICT)
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Abilities to motivate and mentor state president staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to this E-mail email@example.com by not later than 24th December 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following websites: