JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA 5
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1POSITION)
||Admin ,finance/HR officer
|ministry /employing authority
||Ministry of Petroleum & minerals resources
||36 hours per week
The Civil Service Commission is established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of the Jubaland State and to ensure that the Civil Service is efficient and effective in serving the community, affordable within state budget resources, and based on merit and equality of opportunity.
The Civil Service Commission is currently recruiting to fill a vacant position of Admin, finance & HR officer. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress his/her career with the Civil Service. The incumbent will support the Ministry in implementing CSC Acts and regulations foreffective and efficient service delivery.
- Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for managing the administrative functions of the Ministry such as human resource planning, control and the implementation of HR service through employee cohesive relation, evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. Prepare effective administrative monthly payroll of the ministry staff according to the JSS PFM policies. Maintain proper accounting policies and procedure. Provide financial information on monthly and annually basis. Assist with internal /external audit and support yearly ministry budgeting plan.
The incumbent will liaise with other departments to ensure that relevant information is available to realise ministry objective goals. In consultation with the Civil Service Commission (”CSC”) support the implementation of people-related services, policies, and providing information in relation to Human Resources issuesCSC legislations.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture;
- Provide registry, managerial and courier services; and manage office records.
- Facilitate general custodian services to include maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements;
- Support annual audit process, liaise with both the internal and external auditors, and assess any changes necessary.
- Support annual budgeting process in conjunction with the other departments of the ministry.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the managing director
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Coordinate implementation of ethics and value promotion activities including prevention of corrupt practices;.
- Make request to the CSC on recruitments, placements, resignation confirmations, promotions and transfers of staff under the directives of the director general.
- Carry out human resources planning to determine supply and demand for professionals under the Ministry;
- Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System assess the appraisal results; prepare implementation reports; and make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations on individual OPRAS forms;
- Process and update records of various leaves of absence;
- Facilitate orientation/induction programs for new entrants in the service;
- Prepare effective administrative monthly payroll of the ministry staff according to the JSS PFM policies
- Carry out training needs assessment for the Ministry and prepare training programs in liaison with the CSC;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Qualifications and Experiences
- Diploma in Human resource, Public administration, Business administration
- Degree in business or human resource management is desirable
- Sound human resource management skills.- essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. – essential
- The position requires at least 3 years’ experience obtained by working in the area of human resource, finance andadministration in public sector department or Private sector at a senior level.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Must be a computer literacy
- Must be able to assist senior management on human resource matters
- Must be knowledgeable in human resource and business practices and procedures.
- Abilities to motivate and mentor Ministry staff.
- Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Able to efficiently utilise human resources and management information systems to Ensure maximum staff development.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.- essential
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.orgAnd CC to this Eemail@example.com by not later than 30th Oct 2022. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact Information for three work related referees. Applications not included all the above Information will not be reviewed.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Both CV and application letter should be sent as one attachment.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- Formore information, please visit the following websites:
Kismayo public notice boards